When you order a tropical assortment from With Our Aloha, remember they do not come pre-arranged. The stems are delicately packed at the source, and rush shipped to your door to ensure you receive the freshest flowers possible. We have provided a tropical flower arrangement DIY that walks you through a “suggested” design below, but the beautiful possibilities are endless.
For this Makuahine “Mother” 12 stem assortment idea, you will need:
- 1 shallow vase
- 1 block of floral foam
- garden shears
- rubber bands are also helpful sometimes
Originally created for Hawaiian Mother’s Day flowers this assortment is great any time of year. It has a large variety of long lasting tropicals including three different colors of anthurium, tall heliconia and exotic safari sunset.
- Start with three types of leaves. Place two hala leaves in the back center of the foam. Cut a third hala leaf short and add a V-shaped chevron cut as shown. Place the ti leaves around the base gently folding back as shown. Rubber bands can help hold them in place. Extend the large monstera leaf out to the center front.
- Add the 2 upright heliconia near the center. This is a heavy flower so make sure it is placed firmly.
- Add the safari sunset near the center at different angles as shown.
- Use one ginger opposite of the banksia to balance that side. Place the other at the center right. Use the tropic fleur as the tallest flower in the back.
- Fill the lower areas with red anthurium. Measure before cutting to make sure they are not too short.
- Finish with the green and pink anthurium again measuring and trying placement before cutting.
- 2 upright heliconia
- 2 anthurium, red
- 2 anthurium, green
- 2 anthurium, pink
- 4 safari sunset
- 6 ti leaves
- 1 monstera leaf
- 3 hala leaves
Get more floral inspiration on our Facebook page! Do you have arrangement ideas for tropical assortment? Share your photos in the comments below, or on our Facebook page!