When Orders Are Shipped
Flower assortments, stems, and foliage ship Monday to Thursday, holidays excepted
Orchid plants ship Monday’s only. Monday holidays will get Tuesday shipping
Leis, loose orchids and gift baskets ship Monday to Saturday
Gift baskets for delivery to hotels in Waikiki can be delivered any day.
How Orders Are Shipped
- We use FedEx Priority most of the time. This is overnight to California, inside Hawaii and to most west coast metro areas. Those areas include Seattle, Portland, Las Vegas and Phoenix.All others are two days.
- These are business days, not counting weekends or holidays.
- Saturday delivery is available to most addresses. Call us and we will check. Not recommended for California as flowers may get delayed by agriculture inspections.
- Tuesday delivery beyond the west coast is difficult as that is 5 days in FedEx. Monday is better. Wednesday through Friday is best.
- We insure packages against damage in shipment. But someone has to sign for the package. No signature, no guarantee per FedEx policy.
- Fragrant leis are not guaranteed with 2 or more day ship times. In most cases they are fine. The product page will say if it is a fragrant lei.
- Blooming orchids ship on Monday, the only day FedEx picks up in the area. In some cases we may be able to drive your orchids to the airport for FedEx on a Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Alaska we UPS or Economy FedEx. FedEx charges us more for Alaska than other states so we have an extra $10 charge as well.
- Gave us the wrong address? $15 charge we have to collect and pay FedEx. We can send you a PayPal invoice.
- FedEx does not deliver or move packages on major holidays. During high volume weeks such as Christmas or Mother’s Day FedEx will not guarantee on time delivery and packages may be a day late.
- We will email a tracking number after pickup. Check your spam or promotional folder if you don’t see it.
- We do not ship outside of the US. Gift baskets can be sent to APO addresses by US Mail.
About Shipping Flowers from Hawaii
Shipping flowers from Hawaii requires us to show some special care when packing and preparing your order. Your fresh Hawaiian tropical flowers or lei flowers are picked fresh, washed and inspected. They are then carefully wrapped in ti leaves, florist wrap, newspaper, insulation or cold pack (if needed) and sealed in a tropical flowers box. This is a long box specifically designed for shipping tropical flowers from Hawaii. The box has handling instructions on the outside to alert the courier as to the urgent and special care needed for the package. Our shipping prices include all handling, boxes and packing material.
We use FedEx to deliver your order direct from our farms to your doorstep. For late orders and on busy days we may also use UPS which has a later pickup so long as we can guarantee the same delivery date. UPS deliveries are usually later in the day than FedEx Priority.
Most items can be shipped as soon as the next business day after an order is placed. Many items can be shipped same day, if we receive your order early enough in the morning, and depending on the number of orders for that day.
We suggest not shipping flowers and leis over a weekend or holiday if possible as this adds one day to the shipping time (Friday to Monday). Leis and flower can arrive on a Friday and be kept refrigerated or in a vase if needed for a Monday graduation, birthday or other special event.
You can order your wedding, luau or party supplies as much as a year in advance. There is a place on our shopping cart form where you can tell us the exact day you would like the order to arrive. We will determine the appropriate day to ship your package based upon the destination and the shipping method you have chosen.
Once your package has been shipped, you will receive a shipping confirmation email with the tracking details for your shipment and the link to track the package as it makes it’s journey to your door.
Shipments go out on weekdays only for delivery on weekdays only. FedEx will not deliver on Saturday without an extra charge or at all on Sunday’s or Federal holidays.
To ensure that we keep our prices down, shipping costs are not included per the item, but rather are calculated based upon the weight of the package that will be shipped.
Shipping costs will be added to your final price when you ‘check out’ in the shopping cart. Your exact cost is displayed before you make payment.
Because most of our flowers and leis are so hardy and will last a long time after they arrive, we recommend that you have them shipped to arrive a day in advance of the day you will need to use them.
With Our Aloha will not be held responsible for shipping delays due to weather, labor disputes, strikes, local service disruption, national service disruption, acts of war or acts of terrorism. We strongly advise that you schedule your shipment to arrive the day before you will need to use it, to ensure it is in your possession for your special event. If FedEx is less than 12 hours late for your event they will not allow a claim for flowers or leis.
In the event that we are provided with an incorrect or incomplete delivery address, there is a $15.00 charge that must be collected before delivery is made. With Our Aloha will not be held responsible for delivery delays due to incomplete addresses provided by our customers.
Because our fresh flowers and leis are perishable, we can only insure the contents on packages which are signed for at the first time of attempted delivery. With Our Aloha will not be held responsible for the condition of any shipment that was left without a signature required for delivery. We will be held responsible for the condition of any package which FedEx has attempted a delivery and there was no one available to sign for the package. In the case where no one signs for the package and a signature is required, the package will be returned to FedEx until someone goes to pick it up or makes arrangements for FedEx to redeliver.
FedEx charges to Alaska are higher than other states. For this reason we have to add a shipping surcharge to Alaska zip codes. This $10.00 charge will be shown when you check out. Also, note that Economy Shipping to Juneau is 3 days, not 2 as for other locations. Ship times to native villages may also be a day longer. Contact us with the zip code and we will check with FedEx and let you know.
If you have any questions about shipping, or would like assistance with your order, contact us or call (808) 934-7295