When you order a tropical assortment from With Our Aloha, remember they do not come pre-arranged. The stems are delicately packed at the source, and rush shipped to your door to ensure you receive the freshest flowers possible. We have provided a tropical flower arrangement DIY that walks you through a “suggested” design below, but the beautiful possibilities are endless.
For this Makamae “Precious” 12 stem assortment idea, you will need:
- 1 shallow vase
- 1 block of floral foam
- garden shears
- rubber bands are also helpful sometimes
Makamae means ‘Precious’ in Hawaiian. This tropical flower assortment will tell someone how precious they are to you. This is a medium height arrangement using pincushion protea and Big Island orchids. The monstera leaves will add width.
- Begin with the 3 monstera leaves pointing outward from the base.
- Add a hala leaf in the center and two pincushions. One pincushion in the front can be cut shorter.
- Continue adding pincushions and hala leaves. A hala leave can be gently bent back for effect.
- Fill out empty space with the orchid sprays. Some sprays can be cut lower or in half as needed.
This is our Hawaiian Flowers of the Month selection for January.
- 3 Orange Pincushion Protea
- 3 Yellow Pincushion Protea
- 2 White Dendrobium Orchids
- 2 Purple Dendrobium Orchids
- 2 Lavender Dendrobium Orchids
- 3 Monstera Leaves
- 3 Hala Leaves
Get more floral inspiration on our Facebook page! Do you have arrangement ideas for tropical assortment? Share your photos in the comments below, or on our Facebook page!